I love Cajun food, so when I found this seafood gumbo video recipe tutorial by Smokin’ & Grillin’ Wit AB on YouTube, I had to make it right away. The smoke and grill master, AB, is the genuine deal, and this recipe is filled with all the down-home goodness of the great state of Louisiana. Seafood gumbo has been a family favorite of ours for so many years and is great to serve to a large gathering of guests, and also great to freeze in individual bags, so you can microwave at a later date to have this delicious Cajun favorite on-demand. AB guides us step by step through every aspect of this simple recipe, and you will learn just how a genuine down-home Southern guy makes an authentic Cajun masterpiece. The minute you smell this fabulous gumbo cooking, you are going to feel like you have taken a trip to the swampy South.
Ingredients For Seafood Gumbo:
- 2 to 3 pounds of peeled deveined shrimp (large)
- 1 to 2 pounds of Andouille sausage
- 1 pound of lump crab meat (optional)
- 2 pounds of King Crab legs
- 2 (32 ounce) chicken broth
- 1/2 vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter (divided)
- 1 to 2 cups finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cajun or Creole seasoning (Creole Kick)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 to 5 bay leaves
- 12 cup chopped green onions
- 1 to 4 cups fresh parsley
In this seafood gumbo video recipe tutorial by Smokin’ & Grillin’ Wit AB on YouTube, you will learn how to make seafood gumbo in a step by step method. You commence by making a roux.
Then, place all your ingredients in the pot according to AB’s instructions.
This gumbo is so delicious, I love it!