I’ve lived in the south my whole entire life, and I’ve never had fried green tomatoes. I’ve never been the biggest tomato person either, but I’ve heard they are one of the top things to be fried. Especially, the ones that are sold at fairs, a lot of my friends go crazy for them. The older I obtain, the more I do not mind raw tomatoes. I love them in salads, and I can toss salt and pepper on them. Luckily, I came across Paula Deen’s air fryer fried green tomatoes recipe on YouTube so I can obtain an idea of how to make them fried. Making fried green tomatoes is not difficult and cooking them in an air fryer makes it much easier. It was kind to see her sons in this video, and one of them is helping her cook.
Vidalia Onion Relish
- 2 Vidalia onions
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 1 large firm green tomato
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup panko bread crumbs
- black pepper, to taste
- oil, for spraying
First, in a large bowl mix panko and flour together. Pour buttermilk in another bowl and set aside. Note that you should cut your tomatoes into slices and sprinkle salt on top so it can pull out the water.
Next, dip tomatoes in buttermilk, then dredge in flour mixture. Spray both sides of tomatoes with oil so they can obtain extra crispy. After 5 minutes, flip the tomatoes, spray with oil, and place them back in the air fryer.
Overall, these fried green tomatoes by Paula Deen look astonishing. A lot of southerners love this snack and I cognize I have to try them since most people have been raving about them to me.
- Why Anniversary Sale is beneficial for Mid class Families – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 10 August 2020
- 16 Genius DIY Home Decor Ideas You Can Make From Old Wooden Crates – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 10 August 2020
- Spacious & Very Versatile Bathroom With a Dressing Room – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 10 August 2020