Pumpkin alfredo sounds delightful and festival for the Fall season. It’s a vegan-friendly pasta dish that is made all in one-pot. This turns an alfredo dish with a unique flavor that’s creative. I wonder what this pasta would taste like, but I love vegan pasta dishes because they taste different and made with many ingredients that my mouth is not used to. RainbowPlantLife on YouTube does a great job explaining everything very clear in this tutorial and she gives alternatives on how to turn this into a gluten-free option. I love the idea of a pumpkin alfredo with all of the fall seasonal flavors.
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 large sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 large sprig (or 2 small sprigs) of rosemary, leaves finely chopped (about 1/2 tablespoon of leaves)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (see notes for gluten-free option)*
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can “lite” or reduced-fat coconut milk (or oat milk)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée (1 15-ounce can have slightly more than 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 1/4 cups vegetable broth (I use low-sodium)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 8 ounces pasta of choice, used fettuccine
- Garnishes: 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf Italian parsley, vegan parmesan cheese or Cashew Parmesan
First, prep all veggies by finely chopping and mincing them. Watch RainbowPlantLife tutorial on YouTube on how to cook the onions, garlic, and herbs. Once finished, add coconut milk and flour. Mix until the sauce thickens. Add the pumpkin puree, salt, pepper, and nutmeg to the pot.
Next, once the pumpkin alfredo sauce comes together, break the pasta in half, and move around to submerge it in the liquid.
This pumpkin Alfredo recipe looks super creamy and delicious. Honestly, with vegan pasta dishes, they taste better because they are creamier. From my experience, I would select to have vegan pasta, but it does conclude a lot of ingredients that I’m not used to having in my pantry.