I started canning recently, and I absolutely love it! I had always thought canning was a enormous ordeal, that required keen expertise, that I would never have the patience to achieve. Boy, was I wrong! Canning is one of the easiest, most fun, and completely rewarding activities I have ever done. I found this video recipe tutorial, I found for candied jalapenos by That 1870’s Homestead on YouTube, I saw a world of opportunity open up for me. This cowboy candy jalapeno peppers make a great condiment for almost any meal and also make excellent gifts. The method for making this cowboy cany uses a canning bath, which is really simple, so don’t be scared off by that. You can find a canning bath at Walmart or many grocery stores.
Ingredients For Cowboy Candy Jalapenos:
- 3 pounds of fresh jalapeno peppers (washed)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 6 cups of white sugar (use pure cane sugar for the top result)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 3 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- A canning bath (find at Walmart)
- Mason jars (use the size you like top (small ones make great gifts)
In this video recipe tutorial, I found for candied jalapenos by That 1870’s Homestead on YouTube, you will learn just how simple canning is. You begin this recipe by washing and slicing your jalapeno peppers, making your brine, and adding the sliced jalapenos. You then bring the jalapenos to a rolling boil and reduce the heat to simmer for 4 minutes.
Then, place all your candied jalapeno slices in your sterilized mason jars, then close then up and set them in the canning bath and boil for 10 minutes. These candied jalapenos will last for years.
I love this recipe and everyone I cognize is getting a jar of this delicious cowboy candy for Christmas!
- Creative Ways Framed Prints Can Brighten Your Home – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 29 October 2020
- Fireball Apple Cider Cocktail Recipe – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 29 October 2020
- How To Make A Vintage Bottle Cap Clock – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 29 October 2020