These thoughtful message signs are really becoming my favorite DIY craft project idea lately because they are so cute and simple to make! I have made quite a few of these thoughtful message signs lately, and I really thought I had enough of them until I saw this fantastic Dollar Tree lemon sign idea by She so CraftDee, on YouTube. These signs were really different from all the previous signs I had made because they were made with four picture frames that spelled out the word home. Home is where my heart is and these cool small signs could be displayed in a row vertically or horizontally, so I knew there was going to be a great place for them that I had not discovered yet. The other thing I love about this project is that uses buffalo checked and also polka dot paper that matched my farmhouse decor totally.
Materials For Dollar Tree Lemon Signs:
- 1 HOME sign (from Dollar Tree)
- 4 (3.5″ x 5 “) picture frames with mat (from Dollar Tree)
- Black and white buffalo check and yellow polka dot paper (you can use wrapping paper or cardstock from Michael’s craft store)
- 1 piece of heavyweight poster board
- Piece of nautical cotton rope
- A glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Black and white acrylic craft paint
- White chalk paint
- Wire clippers
- Glue (E 600 is good)
- 30-inch piece of burlap ribbon
In this fantastic Dollar Tree lemon sign idea by She so CraftDee, on YouTube, you will learn how to make these darlig signs that spell out the word home. You commence by, painting your letters with chalk paint.
Then, you cover the mat part inside your picture frames with checked and polka dot paper, then add your letters to the outside of the picture frame glass.
These small signs are so cute, they really completed my farmhouse kitchen theme.