There are many people out there who commute their front doormats based on the season and holidays. Over time, the price tag on doormats can obtain expensive. There are many ways to recreate your own if you’re on a budget. With this Fall pumpkin doormat tutorial by The Daily DIYer, she explains with full details and instructions on how simple it is to make your own doormat. There are many ways to dress this Fall doormat up such as adding a plaid mat on the bottom and putting pumpkins and fake leaves around the mat.
- “Hey There Pumpkin” digital download
- plain sisal front door mat
- peel & stick laminate
- silhouette cameo or Cricut
- craft weeding tool/vinyl pick tool
- chalk paint
- foam paintbrush
- clear matte terminate spray
First, purchase any simple sisal rug for this project. You can use a stencil to paint out the phrase or word you would like to put onto your rug. Also, you can freestyle if you like your own handwriting. In this case, she uses a stencil or decal that prints from her silhouette cameo. Then, paints over with chalk paint.
Next, once you’re finished with many coats of paint, use a regular paintbrush to paint over the letters again so it’s darker and stands out.
Overall, you can pair this Fall doormat with a plaid lining on the bottom to create a farmhouse abstract design. It reminds me of Pinterest when I see the plaid mat under another doormat. It’s super cute and simple to make this sisal rug mat for your front door. Also, you can use this tutorial to create other seasonal rugs. I would love to make this rug because I love having cute doormats.
- Copycat Dunkin Donut Fries Recipe – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 26 October 2020
- Air Fryer Mini Crescent Dogs Recipe – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 26 October 2020
- Almond Joy Pound Cake Recipe – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 26 October 2020