Crockpot recipes are always a favorite, and Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB is phenomenal when it comes to southern-style recipes. The prep time for this recipe takes about 10 minutes, and you just let the crockpot do all of the slow cooking work. I love crockpots because if you’re busy, you can abandon it cooking throughout the day and it’ll be alert for dinner. This also ensures a lot of flavor and tenderness to the food. I don’t eat collard greens often, because I am picky when it comes to it. It has to be super flavorful for me because I think collard greens are too bitter. One of my favorite kinds would be southern-style because it’s soaked and cooked with meat that pours out all kinds of flavors. So, Smokin’ & Grillin’ wit AB tutorial on Youtube fits everything I like.
- 2 lbs Collard Greens (washed and cut)
- 2 large Ham Hocks/Smoked Turkey Legs/Smoked Pork Necks
- 1 large Yellow Onion
- 2 large Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 8 cups of water
First, place a crockpot liner in the crockpot. Then, add smoked meat, jalapenos, onions, garlic, and water. Close the crockpot with the lid and let it slow cook for 6 hours on HIGH.
Next, after 4 hours, the meat should be tender. Stir everything around and add the collard greens. Add the greens in small increments and submerge them into the juice so it all fits. Then, add the seasonings to the crockpot and continue to let the greens cook for the remaining time of 2 hours.
This southern collard greens recipe would be a great side dish with mac and cheese, fried chicken, or catfish. This can be paired with many things for dinner.
- How To Make Pumpkin Dinner Rolls – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 23 October 2020
- The Ultimate Guide to Rock Denim – How to Wear Denim – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 23 October 2020
- DIY Pallet 3-Tier Laundry Basket Holder – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 23 October 2020