Chili is such a hearty soup that gets us stuffed and warm on a chilly day. As the weather starts to slowly obtain cooler, this crockpot chili recipe by Cooking Up Love on YouTube is thoroughly explained and simple. Crockpot recipes are always great because it’s simple to make large batches for a potluck or a large gathering. Also, there will always be leftovers that can be stored in the fridge for the week. I never really liked chili growing up, but my parents did because it had so many ingredients all in one dish. Honestly, I don’t like beans so whenever I eat chili, I work myself around the beans. This recipe actually looks tasty which I would love to make for my family one day when the days obtain cooler.
- 5 slices thick-sliced, hardwood hickory-smoked bacon
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- ½ – 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 10.5 oz can beef consommé (you can also use beef stock)
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can pinto beans in mild or medium sauce (also called Chili Beans)
- 1 can kidney beans in mild chili sauce
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s seasoned salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
First, prepare the vegetables such as chopping and removing the seeds out of the bell peppers and jalapenos. Watch Cooking Up Love’s tutorial on YouTube for steps on how to cook the bacon, sauteeing the vegetables and ground beef with the bacon grease on a cast-iron skillet.
Next, combine all of the spices together and assemble all of the ingredients into the crockpot. Then, cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours.
There are many ways to serve chili by adding toppings such as sour cream, cilantro, cheese, onions, jalapenos, Fritos, and more. There are so many choices. This crockpot chili recipe looks flavorful because of all the spices and vegetables that are added.