Creamy chicken and biscuit casserole is another cold or rainy day type of food. This is one of the great southern comforts food, and very simple to make. This dish can easily warm me up when it’s gray or chilly outside. However, you can still make this during any type of weather or season. Creamy chicken and biscuit casserole would put in a food coma on a Sunday dinner night. With casseroles, there’s always going to be leftovers. Southern foods are one of my absolute favorites to make because I grew up in the south. I didn’t grow up making southern food so it’s always fun to follow along with a recipe whenever I obtain the opportunity. Entertaining with Beth‘s tutorial is well put together and I enjoyed watching her easily fix up this meal.
- 2 Chicken breasts, skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tbsp (30 g) butter
- 1 cup (150 g) yellow onion, diced
- ½ cup (75 g) celery, diced
- ½ cup (75 g) carrots, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) dry white wine
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) dried thyme
- 4 cups (950 ml) chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) cold water
- 2 tbsp (13 g) cornstarch
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 1-2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup (75 g) frozen peas
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh thyme
- 2 cups (240 g) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1.25 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 tbsp (60 g) butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup (160 ml) grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chopped dill
- 1 cup (240 ml) of milk
First, preheat the oven for 425F. Roast the chicken for about 30 minutes or until cooked through. Then, melt butter in a large soup pot. Add the onion, celery, carrots, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Next, obtain your biscuits mix to a dough consistency by following Entertaining with Beth’s YouTube tutorial. Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes so the baking soda activates. Use an ice cream scooper right on top of the casserole.
Watching Entertaining with Beth’s tutorial has gotten me wanting this dish. It’s been gloomy for the past few days so, it would be ideal to be in a blanket with a bowl of creamy chicken and biscuit casserole.
- Wie man Chocolate Chip Pie macht – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 26 November 2020
- Wie man eine Glitzerschaumverzierung macht – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 26 November 2020
- Ein Esszimmer im Naturstil – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 25 November 2020