Chinese take out is difficult to arrive across in Tennessee, so making homemade Chinese food such as sesame chicken is the way to go. Plus, you’ll be left with a couple of days worth of leftovers that tastes just as good rewarming. Also, if you don’t like sesame chicken, you can use this recipe as a base and stir it in other sauces such as orange chicken sauce or general tso sauce. Souped Up Recipes tutorial on YouTube is simple to follow along with and she gives detailed instructions.
- 1 lb chicken thigh, cut into 1.5 inches cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic
- black pepper to taste
- 1.5 tsp of soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 3/8 tsp of baking soda
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tbsp of starch (add it to the marinade)
- 1 cup of Potato starch (use it to coat the chicken)
- 2 cups of oil to fry the chicken
For the sauce:
- 2 tbsp of Honey
- 3 tbsp of brown sugar
- 2.5 tbsp of Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2.5 tbsp of ketchup
- 1 tbsp of vinegar
- Sweet potato starch water to thicken the sauce (2 tsp of potato starch mixed with 2 tsp of water)
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1.5 tbsp of toasted sesame seeds
- Diced scallion as a garnish
First, cut the boneless and skin-on chicken leg into 1-inch pieces. Marinate the chicken with grated garlic, soy sauce, salt, black pepper, baking soda, egg white, and starch. Mix everything until well combined. Cover it and let it sit for about 40 minutes.
Next, continue to watch Souped Up Recipes tutorial for the full instructions and details. Once the chicken is coated and fried, toss the fried chicken into a wok and stir it into the sauce.
Overall, this sesame chicken looks so good and top served with a side of jasmine white rice. If you like more sauce, you can make extra sauce to pour over your rice with the sesame chicken.
- How To Make Sugar Bowls – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 20 September 2020
- 17 Beautiful Mediterranean Living Room Designs For Your Home – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 20 September 2020
- Healthy Apple Pie Muffins Recipe – De.Chromeonlinegames.com - 19 September 2020